Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gettin' Crafty

Kaylee and I both love painting, drawing, making things, and being crafty. We also love the website: Pinterest.com, and used it for some inspiration to make some little crafty artsy projects today. After visiting two morning glory's, three GS 25's, and two 7-11's, we had our supplies and were ready to start throwing things together. Here is what we created:
Coasters I made from maps i've collected while traveling
[Taipei & Tokyo maps]
Bucket List 2012 board

Seoul map under San Fran Golden Gate
Polka dot candle holders made of old yogurt cups
Bottle cap magnets
A little bit of everything
Birdies from a Tokyo subway map

An idea I found on Pinterest for organizing cords
Sidenote: I found playing cards for 1,000 won!!!  (or $1)
They are super expensive in Korea, (no idea why?) so I was super stoked!

We had a total Sunday funday filled with crafts that ended with some wine, pancakes, and an episode of The Amazing Race. I couldn't have asked for a better end to an amazing weekend.

Next weekend: Celebrating Lunar New Year in Taipei, Taiwan! 


3 comments:

  1. LOVE everything! :) Those birds are adorable! Are those blue pieces crayons on the "little bit of everything" one? If so, did you take a hair dryer to them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I tried to blow dry them but Korean crayons are not the same as American crayons so they didnt melt! But, I still like how it ended up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it still looks good. I wonder what Korean crayons are made of??

    ReplyDelete