Saturday, March 24, 2012

Who's on first?

Today, I attended my first Korean Baseball Game: The Doosan Bears vs. the KIA Tigers. I had heard that Korean Baseball games got pretty crazy, but it was definitely something to see with my own eyes. Each player has his own song when he comes up to bat, and the crowd cheers a specific song/chant/dance for each player as well. It is definitely not a sit-back-and-watch kind of experience. Whether you like Baseball or not, a Korean Baseball game is lots of fun. Unlike the American Hotdog and beer, stands outside sold dried squid, walnuts, and bottles of Soju. We cheered, we danced, and we made lots of noise. I previously had no preference, but after purchasing $2 bangers before walking in, I can see my future as a die hard Bears fan. ;) 

Oh, and did I mention the game was across the street from my Korean class, free, and 
it started snowing when we walked in? Yeah, talk about hardcore. 










 



I cant wait for the weather to warm up so I can practice my cheers in the sunshine!

GO BEARS ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment