Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hantan River Rafting!

Number 29 on my list of 30 things to do before I turn thirty was to go White Water Rafting. Ch-ch-check! Along with jumping off a cliff into the water fully clothed, climbing a huge rock in the middle of the river, and going to a museum full of North Korean artifacts near the DMZ, this Saturday was definitely long and full of fun. The owner of my school planned a coworker bonding trip to Hantan River. We left Friday after our last classes and drove our two Jubilee Vans to a pension where we spent the night (sleeping on the floors of course) before starting our festivities bright and early the next morning. Sadly, I forgot my camera all together. My coworker Caleb had his iPhone and snapped the gorgeous photos below.












The view of the rock...
Looking at the view from on top of the rock...
Beautiful view
I think I took 17 naps on the 2 and a half hour ride home. We stopped for a quick and delicious BBQ dinner before we finally made it back to Seoul. I spent my Saturday night relaxing at home and watching a documentary called Life in a Day. It was fabulous and I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it. The documentary shows 24 hours of a day, as seen from all over the world. Over 80,000 people submitted videos, and this is what was created from the footage:


No comments:

Post a Comment