Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Miracle Sea Parting on Jindo Island

These photos are long overdue. Last month, a bunch of us decided to have a weekend away and set off to Jindo Island to see the miracle sea parting. We woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and took a 4 hour bus ride to the city where the festival was held, stopping a few times along the way. When we arrived, we settled into the rooms where we were going to be spending the night, and set off to experience this miracle just off in the distance. 

I don't really have any words to explain the experience. I just remember I kept thinking that it was the type of thing you had to be there to believe. I will give you some highlights: While wandering through the middle of the parted sea, I found the most itsy bitsy crab, and a live baby octopus. Later in the weekend, I witnessed a gorgeous sunset, went on a mini hike, and saw a Jindo dog performance. There was also broken glass, fire extinguishers, rooftop explorations, and broken down buses stuck in there along the way. To say the least, it was nothing but boring. Overall, I had a great weekend getaway, and it was definitely something I will never forget.





The sea parting reflecting in Kaylee's shades
I found a tiny crab confused by all the people walking all over his home.

...And then I found a baby octopus!


It was a once in a lifetime experience -- full of great memories and even better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment