Thursday, August 30, 2012

Coloring Books

My class loves to color. Who doesn't, right? Since they are constantly drawing pictures and scribbling all over every piece of paper they are given, I decided to make them a specific coloring book for the sole purpose of doing just that -- coloring. I found this awesome website that turns photos into coloring pages, and ta-da, my coloring books were in the works. I tried many different photos, since some ended up looking better than others.  I also tried to get at least one of each child. Then, I compiled all the pages into a book for each child to keep in their cubby and pull out whenever they have extra time. I think they are going to have so much fun coloring eachother like cartoon characters.

Here are some of my favorite pages.






I can't wait to see how each child colors their coloring book. I will make sure to post some more photos of the outcome. I'm so excited to give them their coloring books tomorrow! 


"Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up...

... because they are looking for ideas."

Forever young. :)

UPDATE: Here are photos of my kids coloring
their coloring books. They loved them, by the way.
Totally made my day seeing the smiles on their faces.















No comments:

Post a Comment