Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Itaewon Global Festival

On my way to meet my girlfriends this past Saturday, I exited the subway to see this. A man... floating... next to a light post. I was momentarily blinded by the sun as I stared up at him, along with about 200 other people, as he casually looked down and waved. I stood there for about 15 minutes waiting for my friends, and he never moved. Then, another man came along with a ladder and a blanket, to hide the tricky magic from our view, as he somehow removed the man from the post. 

I have my ideas about how this was possible, but I'll keep them insdie and just stick with 
what I want to believe: I witnessed MAGIC!







October must be festival month or something. I feel like every post for the last two weeks has been festival, festival, festival. This weekend, I spent saturday wandering around Itaewon at the Global festival. It reminded me SO much of the World Expo. There were tents with food and drinks from all over the world. We had wine from france, cheese, kebabs, beer from Japan, and some more delicious finger foods I forget the name of at the moment. We tried to get to as many tents as we could, splitting everything we sampled, to try and taste little bit of everything.  It was a beautiful day, and we even found some front row seats as the parade marched by. 







My Co-Teacher Caleb





After we watched the parade, we wandered through some side streets, hung out on a rooftop cafe, and then stumbled into this gem of a find. I forget the name of this place, but it was too cute. It had mismatching chairs and awesome decorations all around. The best part, they had amazing mojitos! They even served popcorn with your drinks. This was just what we wanted after walking around the festival all morning. We sipped our drinks, sitting at a table splashed with some late afternoon sunshine, enjoying every minute.








 




Real mint, AND lime!


Saturday afternoon, you are my favorite time of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment