Monday, October 29, 2012

Jubilee Nights

Last Friday was Jubilee Nights at my Hagwon. This night was meant for the parents to come see all the progress their children have made in the past 8 months. The children learn songs, practice plays, and wear costumes to this very important event. The mothers bring food and it becomes a huge potluck celebration. All four classes each had a performance and it lasted about 2 hours. The work day ended around 10pm, and boy was I exhausted. However, after over a month of preparation for this one night, I was very pleased with the results. One of my students was sick, and couldn't come (on his birthday, no less). The other students were a little thrown off by this, but they managed. What almost turned into a catastrophe, ended up making all the parents laugh. The night ended with a surprise slide show that even made me a bit teary eyed. Seeing pictures of me with my students I had no idea were ever taken really pulled at my heart strings now that my departure date is slowly approaching. Since I was directing my kids for most of the show, the only pictures I have are before and after shots. Enjoy!













Watching from back stage



I was so proud of these little monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment