Thursday, November 8, 2012

Disaster Training Center

Today we went on a field trip to Seoul's Disaster Training Center. The kids got to experience typhoon speed winds, an earthquake, a simulated smoke escape, and putting out a house fire. It was fun for me to watch, so I'm sure they had a fabulous time.







Inside this room was a fake kitchen, once we all sat down on the tables, the whole room began to shake. We had to duck and cover and it lasted about 15 seconds. Not gonna lie, it was a little scary.




Watching a video about Typhoons strong winds...


Above shows the video of the kids inside the wind simulation room. I thought it was just going to be like a giant fan but once inside it was no joke. My hair was flying all over and some of my little kids had wobbly legs pushed all over by the winds.






We had to climb through a maze that was kind of like a McDonald's play structure. Towards the end it was dark and smokey and even I was ready to get outta there.





In this room, the kids watched as a kitchen appliance caught fire. They each got to take turns putting out the fire. Honestly, I was a little jealous. I wanted to try!




The day ended by watching a video about safety. It was all in Korean but I could tell by the little characters the ideas behind everything: Safety first!




Although it felt like just lots of fun, the kids really did learn a lot. 
I had a great time, and I wish I got to do something this like when I was a kid!

Safety first!

No comments:

Post a Comment