Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 52.


Almost 365 days ago I sat on top of three red suitcases, with only a nights sleep between me and my flight to South Korea. I knew little about what to expect from the next 12 months, and that unknown was one of the scariest, most exciting feelings I've ever had in my life. Looking back on that night, I am so happy with the way the year turned out. I met countless amazing people. I added three stamps to my passport. I became a teacher. I survived all four seasons. I learned a lot about myself, others, and a new culture. 52 weeks later, I am left with an immense amount of experiences, memories, and emotions, ... and just one backpack. One backpack, that will accompany me to at least 7 more countries. That I will live out of for the next 4 months. That has everything I need to start the next adventure in my life.


It really hit me this week that I will have to say goodbye to all my friends and students. I have experienced this year with them just as much as they have experienced it with me. I am so proud of my students as well as myself. Leaving Seoul is very bittersweet, and will always be a very important year for me. I will miss too many things to even begin to start to list. Even though I'm leaving some things behind, I am taking much more away with me.

Countdown: 14 days.

Until then, I'll be Somewhere in Seoul...

No comments:

Post a Comment