Monday, November 19, 2012

The best start to a Monday morning, Ever.

I arrived at school this morning, after walking what felt like too long in 0 degree (Celsius) weather. It was Monday morning and that means I was still wishing I was snuggled in my bed, and semi-dreading my busiest day of the week before I even entered the school. I even remember reminding myself, 2 weeks and you'll be laying on white sand beaches on beautiful islands in the Philippines...However, that all changed when I walked in the sliding door to a PILE of postcards that I knew immediately had to be for me. No one else gets postcards at my school, and this stack looked like 10+ postcards all neatly resting on top of one another. I couldn't even wait until I got to my desk before I started flipping through them. Since I had received two the Friday before, I recognized the vintage looking Giants photos on the picture side and knew who they were from. You see, last Friday I received two postcards, like these, with quotes written on them. I was confused at first but from the clues I knew who the postcards had come from. Not many people call me Kate, so it wasn't too difficult to guess. This stack made my heart feel so big, I'm surprised I didn't explode into millions of pieces, sending little bits of love all over Korea. It was hands down the coolest thing I'd received all year long. I was a little confused at first glance but then quickly realized they were in order of year in each corner, and also had a little note written one letter at a time on the bottom corner of each card. The cards were bought 20 years ago at a Giants game, and sent to me by the best uncle in the world. 

THANK YOU UNCLE PETE!

I. feel. so. loved.




My Uncle Pete's class photo that I keep in my wallet


When I finally got off work and got home, I sat down and read through all the postcards. In a time when I'm already reminiscing on a great year, this made me feel even more loved. 
The postcards are so special, just like my uncle Pete.




Still love you.
Still miss you.

*Update: Recieved more today. :) Years 1958-1992!


1 comment:

  1. oh my god. Uncle Pete is the best!!!! UNCLE PETE! UNCLE PETE! UNCLE PETE!

    ReplyDelete